Student Peer to Peer Mentoring
Peer Mentors are senior student volunteers who are available to support struggling students. It can on a one-off basis or regular “buddy system” approach. For example, Peer Mentors can provide emotional support, help navigate the semester or provide academic assistance like maths support.
Responsibilities & tasks:
- Develop relationships with mentees by leading one-on-one meetings.
- Help mentees integrate into SSHE.
- Encourage successful learning and engagement behaviours.
- Work with SSHE management to ensure mentees who need additional support are directed to the appropriate specialists.
- Demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness and participate in
- Current SSHE student.
- Acceptable academic standing.
- Discipline to keep confidential information and apply sound judgment in determining when, and to whom sensitive information should be shared.
- Empathetic and strong written and verbal communication skills