The Bachelor of Arts Program in Event Management explores the concepts, characteristics and management of events in various locations allowing the student to acquire solid knowledge of business processes and analytical techniques as well as sound technical skills. This course offers aspects of creation, finance, marketing, risk assessment and human resources.
Demand is growing in the Event Industry with an estimated 200 million people who work in the Event Management field. These festivals, sports events, music concerts, conferences, exhibitions and meetings are an economic and social driver for many companies, cities, regions and countries. Examples of these include: The Montreux Jazz Festival, The Olympics, the World Cup, the Rio de Janerio Carnival and the Davos Economic Forum.
Students who have graduated with diplomas in Bachelor Event Management have found jobs with major companies such as: UEFA, FIFA, IOC, FIBA and a variety of Event Companies.
The Event Management studies are designed to offer a mix of lectures, case studies, workshops and guest speakers who bring their experience and knowledge to the classroom enabling students to respond to the various challenges and implications.
This course breaks down the concept of an event and provides the knowledge and tools to create value and deliver a successful event experience for the stakeholders, sponsors and participants.
Our faculty members bring a large range of knowledge and in-field experiences to students and with small classes the learning is very personalized.
Skills After Completion
Graduate students will be able to communicate and collaborate with others in an effective manner; apply financial and managerial theories to meet their business goals and develop leadership skills to implement in different sectors they will be engaged in.
- Professional Sports Teams
- International Sport Governing Bodies: IOC, FIS, UEFA, FIFA, FIBA
- Music and Art Festivals (Tomorrowland, Burning Man, Glastonbury)
- Brands and sponsorships (Red Bull, Omega, Rolex)
- Arenas (O2, Allianz Arena)
- Theme parks (Disney, Four Flags, EURO Park)
- Movies production
- TV production
- Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Meetings (MICE)
Year 1 - Semester 1
- Accounting I
- Introduction to Micro-economics
- Marketing Management
- Business Ethics
- HR Management
- Business Communication
- Industrial Visits
Year 1 - Semester 2
- Accounting II
- Globalization and International Business
- Digital Marketing
- Introduction to Macro-economics
- Information Systems
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership and Teams
- Career Orientation
Year 2 - Semester 3
- Introduction to Event Management
- Managing Organizational Change
- Business Law I
- Operations Management and Logistics
- Customer Relationship Management
- International Marketing
- Industrial Visits
Year 2 - Semester 4
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning and Financial Management for Events
- New Business Development
- Food and Beverage Management
- Cost Management
- Business Law II
Year 3 - Semester 5
- Social Business Management
- Sustainable Events Management
- Foundation of Hospitality Management
- Conference and Event Planning
- Advanced Meeting Planning
- Managing International Events
- Fundraising for Events
- Industrial Visits
Year 3 - Semester 6
- Bachelor Thesis or Internship*
After the successful completion of the course by the student an official graduation ceremony will be held where the Bachelor Degree Diploma awarded in Event Management will be given.
Exchange and Transfer StudentsStudents who would like to change universities with their credits intact need to present an official grade transcript followed by a seal and signature of the respective university. Enrolment is possible throughout the entire academic year, granted a prospective student has enough verified credits. SSHE follows the European curriculum of ECTS. However, other curriculums (American, British and etc.) are also accepted once all the grades have been verified.
|Registration fee||2 000 CHF|
|1 Semester||12 000 CHF|
|2 Semester||14 000 CHF|
|3 Semester||14 000 CHF|
|4 Semester||14 000 CHF|
|5 Semester||14 000 CHF|
|6 Semester||14 000 CHF|
|TOTAL COST||84 000 CHF|